Have you looked into the various roofing materials that are available in Florida for roof replacement? Although there are many options, it is important to research the pros and cons of each type so you can make an educated decision about which one will best suit your home. Tile roofing is a popular choice for local homeowners. Let’s look at the pros and disadvantages of tile roofing to help you decide if it is right for you.
The pros of tile roofing
Because of its many benefits, tile roofing is very popular with homeowners. The top benefits of tile roofing are:
- You won’t need to maintain tile roofing. Tile roofing is very low maintenance. Your roof will last for many years.
- Durability – Tile is a durable option for roofing. It can withstand damage from insects and rot, and will withstand any Mother Nature may throw at it.
- Tile roofing is long-lasting – A tile roof can last for over 100 years. It’s possible that your tile roof will be the last you need.
- Tile roofing is more eco-friendly than synthetic tiles because they are made of minerals rather than synthetic materials.
The Cons of Tile Roofing
There are many disadvantages to tile roofing. These are:
- Heavyweight – This type is very heavy and can cause significant stress to the house where it’s installed.
- High price point – Tile roofing is one the most expensive roofing materials available. Choosing a tile roofing system to protect your home is an important investment.
- Installation of tile roofing is difficult – Experienced installers are required to make sure it lasts for many years.
- Impact prone – Tile roofing can be damaged by heavy impact.
- Only suitable for steep roof slopes. Tile roofing should not be installed on homes that have a very sharp slope.
How to get tile roofing for your home
Old Time Roofing can help you if you’re interested in tile roofing for your home. We have performed many roof replacements for customers, and we are happy to share our knowledge with you. We only install the best tile roofing systems in the industry. We are confident that you will be pleased with your decision to invest in your home.
This post was written by Ted Williams! Ted is the owner of A Old Time Roofing which is the premier Clearwater Roofing Contractor! Ted is a Master Elite Weather Stopper GAF Roofing Contractor, a double award winner of Best Steep-Slope Contractor from GAF and achiever of Master Elite Consumer Protection Excellence from GAF. He has been serving the Pinellas County area since 1978. Old Time Roofing has a tradition of quality workmanship, servicing residential and commercial properties.